Safer is Cal Poly's primary resource for addressing sexual violence, dating violence, domestic violence and stalking. We provide support through education, advocacy and crisis counseling.
April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month
The Cal Poly Safer April calendar is now available and attached! There are many amazing opportunities in April for faculty, staff, and student participation. In the United States, April marks Sexual Assault Awareness Month (SAAM). During SAAM, activists raise awareness about sexual violence and educate communities and individuals on how to prevent it. Safer also hosts "Safe Organizations" wherein the Cal Poly community can attend special events and become a Safer Certified Safe Org! More information can be found under the "Get Involved" tab.
What does Cal Poly Safer Offer?
Education and Training Services
- Primary Prevention presentations on sexual assault, dating violence, domestic violence and stalking to the entire Cal Poly community
- Training to all student leaders, staff and faculty
- Events and workshops focusing on sexual assault, dating violence, and stalking prevention
- Safer advocate/volunteer training offered every quarter
- Self- Defense Workshops offered every quarter
- 6 week Men and Masculinity referral program through the Title IX Office or Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities
- First-stop resource for all Cal Poly students, faculty, and staff affected by violence
- Crisis Counseling is offered Monday – Friday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. by appointment or walk-in
- Information and advocacy for the reporting of sexual assault, dating violence, stalking, and sexual harassment
- Accompaniments to the Title IX Office, University Police Department, Student Ombuds Services, Counseling Services, Health Center, Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities and more.
- Advocacy for students, faculty and staff affected by violence
Did You Know
- Safer has an online presentation request and crisis counseling form
- Last year, we educated over 12,000 students on sexual assault and dating violence prevention
- Safer works closely with the Title IX office to make sure all students are safe, healthy and supported
- Safer offers paid student positions and internships
- Safer is eager to collaborate with any and all campus organizations!